The purpose of the IFC is:
- To serve as the governing and legislative body of all member fraternities at New York University.
- To maintain a positive rapport with our University and foster cohesion among fraternities at New York University.
- To maintain a high standard of fraternity life.
- To cooperate with the University Administration and Faculty in fostering and maintaining high social and academic standards.
- To represent IFC and fraternity interests in all matters involving the general welfare of the New York University.
- To adjudicate violations of the IFC statutes.